World bank group is currently accepting application from current students or recent graduates of MBA or Master’s degree programs with strong financial skills for its IFC Young Professionals Program.
In this article we would be looking at World Bank Group IFC Young Professionals 2019/2020.
The application deadline for submission of application form is 1st October,2019.
The IFC’s Young Professionals Program offers a unique opportunity to launch a global career as an investment professional helping to build the private sector in developing countries.
Participants join as Associate Investment Officers who are responsible for identifying, structuring, closing and monitoring IFC’s loans and investments as you build expertise through assignments in different countries, close to the clients. IFC’s approach is to combine rigorous analysis, innovative deal structuring and a focus on financial sustainability and positive development impact.
The three- year program is structured to provide participants with a solid understanding of IFC’s business and strategy, a global network, and regional experience in one of IFC’s industry groups (Financial Institutions Group; Infrastructure and Natural Resources; Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services; and TMT, Venture Capital & Funds). Following a series of interviews successful applicants receive offers directly from industry departments for positions in the IFC headquarters.
They are looking for current students or recent graduates of MBA or Master’s degree programs with strong financial skills, professional achievement, leadership potential and a demonstrated commitment to development.
- Applicants should have 3 to 6 years of prior relevant work experience (investment banking, project finance, private equity, corporate finance, portfolio management, or financial consulting); and
- Be current students or recent graduates of MBA or similar
- Have experience in international finance, demonstrated leadership and passion for sustainable private sector development
- Strong analytical and credit assessment skills, as well as solid understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends
- Sound business judgment and problem solving, negotiation and commercial skills
- Ability to develop new business and effectively focus on client needs
- Enthusiasm for working in multi-cultural teams and across borders, preferably with experience working in developing countries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in other languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian) preferred
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility
- Participants are expected to be geographically flexible and interested and able to relocate as business needs require
- Must obtain Master’s or MBA degree by June 2020
World Bank Group IFC Young Professionals Program Duties and Responsibilities.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on identifying investment opportunities, executing transactions and actively managing portfolio projects. In this role, your objective will be to maximize the impact of IFC’s intervention and contribute to the development of the IFC’s countries of operation by executing innovative, developmental, and profitable investments for IFC.
- Analyze operational and financial performance of potential client companies to identify opportunities, address risks and recommend investment options
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of new transactions and develop innovative and appropriate financial structures
- Participate in negotiations
- Supervise project implementation, including disbursements
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues to add value to our clients’ businesses and achieve sustainable development impact
World Bank Group IFC Young Professionals Program Benefits
You will participate in a 2-week on-boarding program, where you will learn about the World Bank Group in general and specifically about IFC products and operations.
You will also interact with Senior Management and other staff. In addition, you will be enrolled in a 4-week residential Investment & Credit training course, where you will be introduced to IFC’s investment and credit culture and investment process.
The Investment & Credit training course is a series of training courses that form building blocks to support your career progression as an investment professionals at IFC.
You will also have an opportunity to interact with other Word Bank Group (WBG) Young Professionals, which will enable you to forge career long networks across the WBG institutions and gain a greater understanding of each institutions products and operations.
How to Apply for World Bank Group IFC Young Professionals Program
To apply, kindly visit the official link
The application period for the IFC Young Professionals Program is now open until Tuesday, October 1, 2019 (7:59 pm EST). Please click on the apply here button to complete the application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews no later than October 11, 2019.
I hope you find this article helpful as well as interesting.