Richest Actresses in Nigeria 2023: The group of men and women who produce and supply movies or films in Nigeria by way of entertaining the viewers is known as an organization of Nollywood industry. The men in this industry are known as “actors” while the women are known as “actresses” and the industry has produced many popular, admirable, and rich actresses over the years.
Today, people even refer to some of these actresses based on the respective and remarkable roles which they took in movies (both old and recent movies) while some are known for the number of years they have been committed into the industry.
Most recently, Nigerian nollywood industry discovered that it has experienced unusual growth for a decade and it include provision of platforms for new actresses to perform some roles but despite that, those who have been in the industry before retained and maintained their positions and popularity in the industry even though recently, they do not take roles in movies all the time nor perform constant roles. However, today most of these popular actresses who have been in the industry for years have made lots of money from the industry in that the richest actresses in Nigeria are among them as contained in this article.
As at 2023, while some of them take roles (even major roles) in foreign or higher movies (this is also known as Hollywood) which has also improved their popularity and richness in their careers of acting, some have the platform to develop blockbusters for global streaming.
Top 12 Richest Actresses in Nigeria And Their Networth
1. Genevieve Nnaji: She was born in 1979 (3rd May) at Mbaise in Imo State to the family of Mr/Mrs Theophilus Nnaji and is the fourth child among eight children. She has won so many awards by reason of her actions and performances since 1998 when she started acting in the industry and in 2005, she became the best actress which fetched her the award from the African Movie Academy and was recognized globally and today, she has become so rich and famous that most Nigerians know her even only by her name.
She has been one of the pioneers and has maintained the frontline among the other actresses in the nollywood industry. Today, she greatly inspires both the new actresses in the industry, and the female viewers of Nigerian movie products.
Today, this veteran actress has an expensive empire, she endorsees multi million contracts to her credit, and she is also into real estate business.
All these also contribute in making her to be one of the richest among the actresses in the industry with a net worth of $12 million.
2. Fiberesima Ibinabo: She was born in 1971 (13th January) to the family of Mr/Mrs Dawaridabo Babatunde and she is an half-cast in that her father is a Nigerian whereas her mother is an Irish (from Ireland as her name is Fiberesima Bisola).
Fiberesima Ibinabo is a graduate of the University of Ibadan (UI) where she obtained a BA certificate in Literature and English Language.
She is the first President of the “Actors Guild of Nigeria”. Since 2002, She has been the National Director of the Nigerian Miss Earth Beauty Pageant and today, she is an estate manager and also one of the actresses who pioneer the nollywood industry. As at 2022, she is the brand Ambassador for the Nigerian Image Make-Up and for the Nigerian Air Peace.
She has taken roles in hundreds of movies to her credit (which she even took part in the production of some of them) and all these have contributed to her enlistment among the richest actresses in Nigeria today with a net worth of $8 million
3. Funke Akindele: Funke Akindele was born in 1977 (24th August) at Ikorodu in Lagos State and is the second child among the three children of her parents. Today, she is one of the popular actresses and producers in the Nigerian movie industry and also features in foreign movies (even takes major roles) which are recognized by CNN.
She has done a lot of excellent works using her talents and ethics which have committed her to people’s memories today. In 2016, she became popular for her major role in the movie title “jenifa” and in that movie Diary, she won the awards of the African Magic Viewers Choice as the best comedienne actress.
Funke Akindele has endorsed multi million contracts as an Ambassador to Irokotv, Keystone Bank, Dettol, and Waw detergent (and soap) both in Nigeria and outside the country and today, all these have contributed to her being one of the richest actresses in the Nigerian industry with a net worth of $7.6 million.
4. Omotola Ekeinde: She was born in 1978 (7th February) to the family of Mr/Mrs Oluwashola Jalade and is the first and only daughter of the family (she has two younger brothers).
She is not just an actress in the Nigerian movie industry, but also a philanthropist, model, and a singer. She joined the Nollywood industry in 1995 and has featured in hundreds of trending movies since then and her beauty also contributes to this.
Of course! She is one of the popular actresses in Nigeria just like other star actresses aforementioned who has made an indelible mark in the industry. Today, Omotola Ekeinde is celebrated and admired as a heroine and was enlisted among the most influential people.
She has equally won several awards including the (African Magic Awards) and apart from her career in acting, she has signed billion contracts with brands such as: Scanfrost (as an ambassador), BO16 Ghanaian cosmetics giant Ghandour hair range, and Knorr. Today, she is the fourth richest actress in the Nigerian nollywood industry with a net worth of $7.2 million.
5. Rita Dominic: She was born in 1975 (12th July) and is the youngest child among four children. She is a graduate of Theatre Arts from Port Harcourt in 1999. Rita Dominic has won so many awards and is also one of the highest-paid actresses in the nollywood industry. This is because she is so talented passionate in the area of acting.
She is one of the founders of Audrey Silva Company, the CEO of a production company (which bears her name), and today, has become an ambassador in GLO. Aside her income from acting, Rita Dominic has endorsed so many multi million contracts which include: Flat Tummy Tea (beverage for herbal weight loss), BK Unique Hair (luxury hair of Canada), Keystone Bank, Goodwill for Intra-African Trade Fair (IATF), Zaron Cosmetics, and most recently in 2021, she became the brand ambassador for LG electronics.
Today, all these have contributed in making her to be the fifth among the richest actresses in Nigeria with a net worth of $6 million.
6. Mercy Johnson: In 2013, she was listed as the most sought-for Nollywood actress by Google and aside her career in acting, she is also a professional cook and has an institution where she teaches students how to cook different types of African dishes.
Undoubtedly, she is talented in acting and that is why she became popular and made waves in the industry and has played significant roles in over hundred movies. She has also signed lots of million contracts with companies such as: a Chi Limited Prime brand, Hollandia Evap Milk e.t.c. and was appointed to be the spokesperson in a real estate investment platform in Lagos known as “Pennek Nigerian Limited” Mercy Johnson’s net worth is said to be over $5 million.
Mercy Johnson children are also ambassadors in a skincare and cosmetics brand which is directed towards youngsters and is known as the “Zandas Kiddies and Fragrance”. By these, she is one of the richest actresses in Nigeria today with a net worth of $5 million.
7. Regina Daniels: Regina Daniels is not just a young star actress, but also a movie producer and has influenced the industry so much. She started acting at age 7 and has become one of the richest in the industry today. Millions of Viewers (both virtual and online) follow her up as a movie star even more than others and as a result, she earns hugely from promotions, sponsored posts, and advertisements. She has also signed a multi million contracts with brands such as: luxury hair brands, spa salons, skincare brands, and others.
Regina Daniels also married a millionaire in dollars and today, her net worth is $4 million.
8. Ini Edo: She started with the nollywood industry in 2000 and today, has played significant roles in hundred of movies. Having made so many waves in the entertainment industry, coupled with other sources of income, the actress is valued to have a net worth of over $3.9 million.
Today, she is also one of the popular and admirable actresses as a result of her passion and success in the industry. Ini Edo has also endorsed multi million deals as ambassador of companies such as: Slim Tea, Glo, Noble Hair, and MrTaxi_NG and she has a lot of real properties which also earns her huge income in Nigeria and lots of luxurious cars.
Some of these properties include: Mimz Lounge in Lekki Phase 1, Mansion In Lekki (worth #85 million).e.t.c.
9. Clarion Chukwura: She started acting in 1980 but later became famous in her major role in the movie title, “mirror in the Sun”. In 1982, she won the Best Actress category at the FESPACO film festival in Burkina Faso.
She is the mother of Clarence Peter, the talented Nigerian music video director who has also won so many awards. In 2022, she has made a mark as one of the richest actresses in nigeria with a net worth of $2.9 million.
10. Patience Ozokwor (Mama G): She is so talented in acting and usually plays a significant role when it comes to an evil or wicked mother in the nollywood industry. She has played the role in hundreds of movies and has won several awards which also include the Awards of the African Movie Academy.
In 2014, she was among those who were honoured by the Nigerian government by way of celebration of 100 years of amalgamation of the southern and northern protectorates. Today, she has many luxurious automobiles which include Toyota SUV and she is one of the richest actresses in Nigeria with a net worth of $ 1 million.
11. Mary Remmy Njoku: Mary Remmy Njoku is ranked as the richest actress in Nigeria in 2023 according to our list of the top 10. She is a well-known Nollywood producer and actor. She oversees ROK Studios as CEO. She has joined forces with her husband Jason Njoku to advance the Nollywood industry. She is thought to be worth $7.5 million.
She and her spouse began dating in 2011, and on August 18, 2012, they were married in Lagos. That union marked Mary Remmy Njoku’s career’s true turning point because it led to her current position as CEO of Lagos-based ROK Studios, a film production company and TV station.
12. Uche Jombo: Uche Jombo ranks second on our list of the top 10 wealthiest actresses in Nigeria in 2022. She is an accomplished producer and actress from the Abia State in Nollywood. She has worked in the film industry for more than 20 years. Unquestionably, Uche Jombo is one of Nollywood’s sexiest actresses. She draws a sizable following of admirers from all around Nigeria and Africa who are curious about how she attained her enormous accomplishment. Her net worth is thought to be $6.7 million.
With the release of Visa to Hell in 1999, Uche Jombo made her film debut in Nigeria. She has contributed to several screenplays, including those for the movies: The Celebrity, Games Men Play, and Girls in the Hood. As an ambassador, she speaks for Globacom. She married Mr Rodriguez, a Mexican man. A Lexus SUV and a GMC truck with a total worth of around 60 million naira are among the expensive vehicles in her garage.