Welcome to our comprehensive guide on the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Post-UTME form. If you’re an aspiring student seeking admission into OAU, you’ve come to the right place.
In this guide, we’ll provide detailed information about the OAU Post-UTME form, its application process, important dates, eligibility criteria, and tips to maximize your chances of success. So, let’s dive right in!
Understanding The OAU Post-UTME Form
The OAU Post-UTME form is an essential requirement for prospective candidates seeking admission into Obafemi Awolowo University. This form serves as a platform for applicants to showcase their academic abilities and secure a spot in one of Nigeria’s most prestigious universities.
Before applying for the OAU Post-UTME form, it’s crucial to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria set by the university. Here are the general requirements:
- UTME Results: Candidates must have participated in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and obtained the minimum required score (200).
- O’Level Results: Applicants must possess a minimum of five credit passes in relevant subjects, including Mathematics and English, not more than two sittings.
- Subject Combination: It is necessary to carefully select the appropriate subjects related to your desired course of study as specified by the university.
- JAMB Cut-off Mark: The university determines the minimum JAMB UTME score required for candidates to be eligible for the OAU Post-UTME form. Ensure to check the official OAU website or admission brochure for the specific cut-off mark.
Now that you understand the eligibility criteria, let’s walk through the application process for the OAU Post-UTME form. Follow these steps carefully:
- Visit the OAU Post-UTME Portal: Access the official OAU Post-UTME portal by typing the URL in your web browser: https://www.oauife.edu.ng/postutme.
- Create an Account: Click on the “Create Account” button and provide the necessary details to create your account. Ensure to use a valid email address and phone number for communication purposes.
- Login to Your Account: After successfully creating your account, log in using the credentials you provided during registration.
- Fill out the Application Form: Carefully complete the application form with accurate personal and academic details. Double-check for any errors before submission.
- Upload Required Documents: Upload scanned copies of your UTME result slip, O’Level result(s), passport photograph, and other requested documents. Make sure the documents are clear and legible.
- Make Payment: Proceed to make the required payment for the OAU Post-UTME form using the available payment options. Remember to print the payment receipt for future reference.
- Print Confirmation Slip: After successful payment, print your confirmation slip. This slip contains important details such as your examination venue, date, and time.
- Prepare for the Examination: With your confirmation slip in hand, it’s time to focus on preparing for the OAU Post-UTME examination. Engage in a thorough revision of relevant subjects and practice past questions to enhance your chances of success.
READ ALSO: Study how to read for POST UTME
OAU Post-UTME Screening Requirements For 2023
- Candidates must meet the age requirement of sixteen (16) years or older to be eligible for the screening exercise.
- Candidates must apply before the designated registration deadline, as the school will disable the online application link afterwards.
- The names on candidates’ O’Level Certificates, UTME Results, and other registration documents must match precisely. Failure to maintain consistency may result in disqualification of the affected candidates.
- Candidates must upload their O’Level results to the JAMB website. Failure to do so will result in their exclusion from consideration for admission.
- Candidates who initially selected the OAU as their second choice but now wish to be considered for admission must make a change and select the university as their First Choice before applying for the Screening Exercise.
- On the day of the screening exercise, parents, guardians, and uninvited security agents will not be granted access to the campus.
- Every applicant will have the appointed venue for the OAU Post-UTME 2023 on their registration slip.