Hello there! Keep up with the constantly updated Jamb Repeated Questions. If you are taking Jamb in your 2019 utme exam, here are some of the most repeated Jamb Questions and Likely Jamb questions and Answers for Literature. These questions will cover a high majority of all parts of your Literature syllabus.
If you are preparing for your jamb, do well to followup this series on Jamb Recent repeated questions and Likely Jamb Questions and Answers
Early preparation is key to success. So, take note of some of these questions because some of these questions are likely going to repeated.
So, lets get right down to business
JAMB Literature Repeated Questions and Answers (1-10)
In Richard wright Native Son:
Bigger kills Mary due to fear.
Weekly, Bigger is to be paid twenty five dollar
Consider the following poem:
I wonder how long, you awful parasites,
Shall share with me this little bed,
And awake me, from my sweet dreams be lost,
Sucking blood from my poor head…
Mbure: “to bed-bug”
1.The lines on the poem above is an example of a
2. A limerick is a funny poem consisting of
Ans: five lines
3. The most common figure of speech in the poem above is
4. The poet personally expresses dismay about
5. A ___ is a figure of speech which shows direct comparison between two things that are unrelated, but which share some common similarities
6.___is defined as a word that tries to copy the natural sound of a thing.
7.___ is a form of infectious virulent satire in verse or prose, which is sometimes a malicious or unjust attack on a person, an institute, or an activity
8.An___ is a figure of speech sometimes represented by an exclamation, such as “oh”
9. A is literary genre and type of comedy that makes use of highly exaggerated and funny situations aimed at entertaining the audience
10._____is a type of figure of speech in which two contradictory words appear in conjunction that is, a word and its opposite are in the same sentence.
JAMB Recent Repeated Questions and Likely Jamb Questions and Answers(11-20)
11.___ creates a sound effects that mimics the thing described making the description more expressive and interesting
12. A ___ is also called a foot
13. Metre or meter is a unit of rhythm in poetry, the pattern of the beat
14. A___ is a story in which animals or things are used as characters
15. Verbal irony is always ___
16. _____ in a novel refers to the way the characters are revealed to the reader
17. A literary work in which the characters and events are used as symbols is known as ___
18. ____ is the representation of a complete series of actions by means of speech, movement and gestures for the stage, screen and radio
19. Caricatures of politicians are commonly used in editorial cartoons, while caricatures of movie stars are often found in ____
20. When a writer or an artist makes fun of someone or something, by imitating the same thing in a funny way, it is called _____
JAMB Literature Repeated Questions and Answers (21-40)
A saviours of mankind – ANS
C architects of man’s destiny
A a good leader
B a great warrior – ANS
C an enemy and a butcher
D a friend in need
23. Based on Femi Osofisan’s Women of Owu, Balogun Kusa is killed by a
A soldier – ANS
A everyone must take holy communion – ANS
B there must be fasting every month
C the Credo must be recited in igbo
D the Kyrie must be rendered only in Latin
25. Based on Chimamanda Adichie’s Purple Hibiscus, Eugene Achike in the novel is portrayed as
A a tough retired soldier
B a soft and gentle husband
C an uncompromising traditionalist
D a fanatical Catholic adherent – ANS
A Jaja – ANS
27. These questions are based on selected poems from Johnson, R. et al (eds.): New Poetry from Africa; Soyinka, W. (ed.): Poems of Black Africa; Senanu, K.E. and Vincent, T. (eds): A Selection of African Poetry; Umukoro M. et al: Exam Focus: Literature in English; Eruvbetine, A.E. et al (eds.): Longman Examination Guides: Poetry for Senior Secondary Schools NWOGA, d.i. (ED.) West African Verse.
The dominant technique used in Serenade is
A apostrophe – ANS
28. An action in a play that stimulates the audience to pity a character is
C pathos – ANS
A accept life as it is
B condemn soothsaying
C move in the direction of God – ANS
D accept soothsaying
30. Purgation of emotion, pity and fear is
A catharsis – ANS
31. A device in drama where a character speaks alone is
A soliloquy – ANS
32. This question is based on J.C De Graft Sons and Daughters.
‘I simply don’t understand what’s the matter with everybody today. everybody let me down, and ……
The speaker above is referring to
A Hannah and George
B Aaron and Maanan – ANS
C Lawyer B and Mrs. B
D Fosuwa and Maidservant
‘I simply don’t understand what’s the matter with everybody today. everybody let me down, and ….
The traditional o4rder in the play is represented by
A Hannah – ANS
B Aaron and Maanan
D Mrs. B
34. These question are based on selected poems from Ker, D.et al (eds.)New poetry from Africa; Soyinka, (ed.): Poems of Black Africa; Senanu K.E. and Vincent, T.(eds.): A Selection of African poetry;Umukoro, M et al (eds.): Exam focus:Literature in English: Eruvbetine, A.E.et al (eds): Longman Examination Guide and Nwoga, D.I. (eds.): West African Verse.
The predominant device in Launko’s End of war is
C paradox – ANS
35. These questions are based on Literary Appreciation
‘That year the harvest was sad, like a funeral and many farmers wept as they dug up the miserable yams. One man tied his clothe to a tree branch and hanged himself.
Chinua Achebe: Things Fall Apart.
The mood conveyed in the excerpt above is one of
B sympathy – ANS
36. These questions are based on Literary Appreciation
But the towering earth was tired sitting in one position. She moved, suddenly, and the houses crumbled, the mountains heaved horribly, and the work of a million years was lost.
The subject matter of the extract above IS.
A sea waves
B house movement
C earthquake – ANS
37. Woke, once, the clays of a cold star
Are limbs, so dear achieved. are
Sides full nerved still warm too hard
To stir was it, for this the clay grew
Tall? O what made fatuous sunbeams
Toil to break earth’s sleep at all
Use the lines above to answer this questions;
The theme of the poem is
A distortion of life
B creation of life
C vanity of life – ANS
D futility of life
38. “O’deadly sin! O rude unthankfulness!
Thy fault our law calls death, but the kind
Prince, taking thy part, hath rushed aside the law,
And turned that black word “death” to banishment.”
Based on William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, the speaker in the passage above is
B Lord Capulet
C Lord Montague – ANS
D Friar Lawrence
39. These question is based on General Literary Principles.
A literary work that ridicules the shortcomings of people or ideas is
A an irony
B a fable
C a masque
D a satire – ANS
40. The figure of speech in which the writer means the exact opposite of what he intends to say is
D irony – ANS
This post relates to: 2024 jamb literature questions, jamb literature past questions 2024, literature in english jamb past questions pdf, jamb past questions and answers on literature 2024, literature past questions 2024, literature jamb question 2024, literature waec question 2018, literature exam questions,jamb literature questions and answers