This article describes in detail how to Immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer with or without a Job offer.
There are thousands of Web Developers just like you emigrating to Canada next year. Find out how to join them. With the right Web Developer skills, Canada Wants You!
If you’re looking to immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer you’re in luck! Web Developers are in demand right across Canada and you may be able to secure a Canadian Permanent Residency Visa either with or without a job offer.
If you are a Web Developer and have been working as a Web Developer you may qualify to immigrate to Canada.
Migrate to Canada as a Web Developer
Every occupation on the Canada NOC List is assigned an immigration code and the code for those looking to emigrate to Canada as a Web Developer is 2175. This is also known as the NOC Code for Web Developers.
No doubt you will have read online that having a job offer to move to Canada is a prerequisite to accessing the Express Entry process but as a Web Developer you also have other options to secure your Canada Visa from the start.
For starters, Web Developers are eligible to apply for Canada Immigration under the Canadian Government’s Immigration program due to the demand for Web Developers in Canada being so great they have included the occupation on the targeted occupations list, known as the NOC list (National Occupation Code In Demand List).
The code for Web Developers on the NOC is 2175
This is great news for Web Developers the world over hoping to live and work in Canada.
Express Entry for Canada is not a visa class at all, it is simply the method (or database) that Canadian Immigration uses to select the right candidates for a permanent residency visa and in that case, as a Web Developer looking to immigrate to Canada we’ll be looking at the Federal Skilled Worker visa and Provincial Nominee program.
Web Developers from all over the world are eligible to make an Express Entry for Canada Residency providing they have the right skills, experience and qualifications in their home country.
Web Developers looking to move to Canada to work under this NOC category 2175, might be employed under work titles including:
- corporate Webmaster
- electronic business (e-business) Web site developer
- electronic commerce (e-commerce) Web site developer
- Internet site Developer
- Internet site developer
- Intranet site Developer
- Intranet site developer
- Web Developer
- Web developer
- Web integrator
- Web manager
- Web site Developer
- Web site developer
All these roles held by a Web Developer are eligible to apply under this specific NOC category of 2175.
Skills and Tasks to Immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer.
In general Web Developers moving to Canada will be able to demonstrate knowledge or experience of the following:
Web Developers and developers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Consult with clients to develop and document Web site requirements
- Prepare mock-ups and storyboards
- Develop Web site architecture and determine hardware and software requirements
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Web site
- Create and optimize content for the Web site using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
- Plan, design, write, modify, integrate and test Web site related code
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
- May lead and co-ordinate multidisciplinary teams to develop Web site graphics, content, capacity and interactivity
- May research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products.
Whilst the above is meant as a general guide do take our free online visa assessment for further information and be sure to list out your skills and qualifications in detail.
Emigrate Canada has a dedicated IT Industry Workers desk that only represents IT, Industry Workers, to immigrate to Canada. They understand your profession and can talk your language when it comes to explaining your immigration pathway and the route to securing a Canada Visa for you (and your family).
- A bachelor’s degree, usually in computer science, communications, or business, or completion of a college program in computer science, graphic arts, Web design, or business is required.
- Experience as a computer programmer or graphic Developer is usually required.
The first stage in your Canadian immigration process is to calculate your Canada Immigration points for Express Entry using the Canadian Comprehensive Ranking System.
As well as providing you with important CRS points these for Web Developers also count towards your overall Immigration Points score which must equal or exceed a total of 67.
Take our free online visa assessment for an up-to-date report on whether you have enough points to immigrate to Canada as a Web Developer from both an Express Entry and Immigration points perspective.