In this article, I will be explaining how to cut a corset top with some images to aid your learning. A corset is a woman’s tightly fitting underwear, extending from below the chest to the hips, worn to shape the figure. a corset narrows the waist and provides a desired posture.
Measurement to use for Corset Top Illustration
In order to make a corset top, there are certain body measurements required. I have included the measurements I used for illustration with it and they are:
(1) Shoulder to upper bust (vertical 7 inches, horizontal 34 (total circumference)
(2) Shoulder to nipple point (vertical 10 inches, horizontal 36 inches TCF)
(3) Shoulder to under bust (v 13, hor 32)
(4) Shoulder to half-length (v 17, hor 32)
(5) Hip length minus 24-2 = 22
(6) shoulder 16/2=8
How to Cut Corset Top
Place your fabric on a table, measure 0.5 inch inward, then take other required measurements has explained earlier and add sewing allowance. shape out the armhole.
- From the half-length, make a slant line and connect to the hip measurement
- From the middle point of the fabric, measure the nipple to nipple point measurement from the upper bust to the hip length on vertical
- Make a dart from the bust point to the hip line
- Measure from the edge after the 0.5 inch, the distance between the cleavage and the edge of the bust
- From the under bust make a curve shape to the upper bust
- Do the same to the other side
- From the upper bust, come down with 0.5 inch on vertical
- Measure from the middle point of the upper bust 1.5 inch, and connect to the other side.
- Measure 0.5 inch from the nipple point downward on both sides and connect to the 1.5 inches
- Label them accordingly so as to avoid confusion, then cut out.
- Lastly, ensure you add 0.5 inch to all the part cut.I hope you find this article helpful as well as interesting.