The Facebook Fellowship Program is now open for PhD students with research related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
In this article we would be looking at Facebook Fellowship Program For PhD 2020.
The deadline for application is October 4, 2019 at 11:45pm PST.
The Program is designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
Applications will be accepted from students with research related to one of the following areas:
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- AR/VR Privacy and Ethics
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Graphics
- Computer Vision
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Instagram/Facebook App Well-being and Safety
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Privacy and Data Use
- Programming Languages
- Social and Economic Policy
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- Structured Data Stores
- Systems for Machine Learning
Research outside the above: relevant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted above.
- The fellowship is open to students at all universities both in the United States and in other countries.
- Applicants must be full-time PhD students currently involved in on-going research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country
- Students’ work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas below)
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
Fellowship Program Benefits
Facebook Fellowship Award Includes:
- Tuition and fees paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year)
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit
The Facebook Fellowship Program applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record and recommendation letters.
How to Apply for Facebook Fellowship Program
Applications must include
- 500-word research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the research areas below)
- Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted
- Two letters of recommendation. Please provide reference email addresses. One reference must be from an academic advisor
To apply for the program, kindly visit the official page.
I hope you find this article helpful as well as interesting.